Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's A Dog's Life

Since we've gotten home from vacation life has been one big disaster after another and so I've been letting Simon watch a lot of movies. Actually, he's just been watching a lot of one movie. It's a collection of Super Mario Brothers cartoons that we rented from Red Box. We've had it so long we may actually own it by now. Who knows? All I know is that it has a really annoying song about dogs in it that keeps playing over and over in my head and has become the soundtrack for my life these past few weeks.

Like I said, we've had some disasters. A few of outstanding moments include the water pipe breaking in our basement, Jon's grandfather dying, a minor landslide in the backyard, Simon rolling himself up in the neighbors car window, my accidental shop lifting of a ton of goods from Wal-Mart (which I returned as soon as I found them to a very confused door greeter), potatoes catching fire in our oven, a mentally ill cat taking up residence in our garage, and of course my insanely noticeable, movie quality black eye that I've had since the day we came home (more on that later).

Every time I think I can't deal with one more thing one more thing happens! I guess the Super Mario Brother's song is right...
"It's a Dog's Life...Ruff Ruff Ruff"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You need some Mi Ranchitos and a break! I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just read your comment on my blog and if you're serious about wanting to go to Disneyland with us for Spring Break, we're totally in! When is Jon's spring break? Is it at the same time as ours?

    ReplyDelete