Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Italian Stallion

Tonight I went running. Conditions were perfect. The weather was warm. The sun was setting. The breeze was slight.

I wore my brand new ridiculously expensive running clothes. My IPOD was fully charged and my hair was securely pulled back. As I ran down the trail I could see my shadow floating at my side on the slotted fences. Man, I looked like an athlete.

The Rocky song came on and I knew I was the champion. Yea, even the Itailian Stallion. I was feeling it so much I even jumped a smoking pile of dog poo. And it was a big pile. And I did it in a single bound. Da da da Da da da Dun dun dun Da da da...

OH YEAH! I was feeling good. All I needed then were some steps to climb and a side of beef to punch. BRING IT ON!!! ADRIENE!!!!

And, it was just about then that a 6 year old wearing white sandals and pedal pushers passed me on her Barbie bike.

DA Da da DA Da da ...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a little like the 5 year old that asked me if I needed any help as I lay in the snow on my first (and only) attempt at skiing. I proceeded to yell at the kid and ask them how they could POSSIBLY help me. Maybe that's what you should have done!

    ReplyDelete