Monday, May 3, 2010

My Daughter and the Continuing Saga of Her Love Affair with Meat

What was the first thing Grace said to me this morning?
I'll give you a hint. It's the same thing she's said every morning for the past few weeks.

Meatballs.

She wants to have the movie "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" on all day, all night, all the time, whenever. When it rains steaks she stands up and holds out her hands. When it rains giant hot dogs she sits then and whispers "hot dog" for the next 5 minutes.

Strange.

But as I've mentioned in other posts ("Sausage" and "Meat") I already know she has a deep and creepy love for all things grilled. However, today she took it to a whole new level.

After leaving the gas station on our morning drink run I noticed Gracie had something in her hand. "What do you have?" I ask. "Meat" she replied.

"Meat?"
"Meat. "

Sure enough, it was meat. Well, not exactly meat but it was a $25 gift card to a local steak house that my precious baby girl had shoplifted from the gas station!

What am I going to do?

2 comments:

  1. HAH! I love this! I wish I could get either of my kids to eat/love meat. They must not take after me because I don't think I've ever met a piece of meat I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go meat! What a sweetie! I've been having cravings for meat too... send her over! :)

    ReplyDelete