Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some Real Advice

If you ask a real runner for advice they may talk to you about how to avoid chaffing, when to eat gu, or how to achieve that elusive negative split. But, not me. No sir. (That's probably because I'm not a real runner but let us proceed...)

If you ask me for advice I'd tell you this: Never and I mean NEVER eat an entire order of onion rings and a large Dr. Pepper right before running 14 miles. Never.

Unless of course you'd like to see them again somewhere between mile 9 and 10...in a high school parking lot...while the tennis team is out playing...and some rising generation stoners are chillin' by the fence...then by all means, eat on my friends, eat on.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip (although I don't ever think I'll be in that position -- running 14 miles, that is).

    ReplyDelete