Thursday, June 3, 2010

...and I've corrupted my children too...

In case you haven't heard the muffled laughter or felt the waves of awkwardness emanating from the chapel every Sunday then I'll just tell you what my current church calling is---primary chorister.

No,I'm not kidding.

Although I wish I were.

And while the image of me conducting music is ridiculous enough to be a post in and of itself I'll continue with my story...

Like I said, I'm the chorister and I'm supposed to be teaching a new song this week that I've never even heard before. So, in an effort to learn this thing I popped the primary CD featuring the song into the van as we drove down the road tonight and pressed repeat.

I listened and listened and listened.

It sounded so familiar. I couldn't quite put my finger on where I had heard it before.

Until... THAT"S IT!!! It sounded just like something that would play during a montage of loneliness in a movie where Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore have gotten into a fight and are no longer on speaking terms. (Seriously, it does.)

Just as I'm picturing said montage (Pooh sitting dejected on his porch. Eeyore watching his reflection in the river as a tear rolls down his cheek....) I hear Simon in the backseat, "Mom, why does this song sound like people are sad at each other?"

I wanted to ask him if he thought those people were really a stuffed bear and a clinically depressed donkey but figured that I've already done enough damage through the years if he's already beginning to think like me at age 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment