Monday, June 7, 2010

It's Going To Be One Of Those Days

So far today...

We got up late and made it to soccer practice just as it was ending.

Then we drove to a car wash where I unloaded the 8 thousand pounds of crap in the van so I could vacuum it out. Unfortunately the vacuums were out of order. I reloaded the van and drove to the gas station.

There I unloaded the strollers, travel computers, DVD players, camping chairs, etc. onto the parking lot and began to vacuum out the van bus. That is when the screaming began. Grace screamed the ENTIRE time the vacuum was on which was a long time because....

...the dang vacuum hose wasn't long enough to reach the entire length of the van! So with all the doors and trunk open, the hose running, and my kids screaming I'm driving the van back and forth in front of the vacuum to get the hose to reach all the places that need to be vacuumed.

Yes, I did say kids screaming and not kid. During an episode of climbing around the van dragging the stupid hose it attached it self to my thigh and I couldn't get it off (luckily for me I chose to use the "Super Sucker" vacuum with the power of a jet engine). That's when Simon freaked. He thought the vacuum was going to eat me or at least my pants. So he spent the rest of the time yelling out his location so I wouldn't get too close with the man eating machine.

Vacuuming finished I pulled over for a drink. As I unload my kids I see I'm wet. No, Grace is wet. ALL WET. She has peed through her clothes and is a wash of smelly pee. (My heart sinks, I never want my kids stewing in their own juice--ever.)

We go in anyways. We get our drinks. Simon gets a Sprite. They are out of lids. Simon goes up front to ask if they have more lids. He spills his drink all over the front counter, himself, and the Hostess display case.

We pay for our drinks and go home where I throw Grace in the tub where she poops. Full on nuggets are floating around in the water. I get her out. I rinse her off. I get her dressed.

Right now both of my kids are on the couch watching Bug's Life and I'm going to go clean out the tub. I can't take any more disasters.

It's only noon and I'm already exhausted. I can tell it's just going to be one of those days.

ps--During the vacuuming my pants incident I had a flashback to a day several years ago when Simon was Gracie's age and I was cleaning out the car. We were at the same gas station using the same vacuum. I had climbed over the seat to do something and had left the vacuum on the seat where it flipped up and attached it self to my crotch. (Not a pretty image...if there are younger viewers please ask them to leave the room....)

I was freaking out and Simon was freaking out and I COULD NOT get that thing off of my pants. People at the pumps were staring. Finally there was a sound like a burp then like an aluminum can being crushed and the vacuum stopped and the side panel fell off of the main machine and some smoke and a burning smell came out. I just stood there for a minute then got back in my car and drove away.

True Story.

Maybe what I should learn from this morning is just to never clean out my vehicles. Ever.

3 comments:

  1. I feel bad for you, but I think this is the funniest story I've heard in a long while. I was actually laughing out loud at my desk just a minute ago. I'm sure my cubicle neighbors think I'm nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um ya, I think I just woke up my parents, Bobby and our 4 kids with my laughing. No more reading your blog while everyone else is asleep! Love you Liz! I'm only laughing cuz, 1st, you are a great writer, and 2nd, cuz it sounds like my kind of days. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elora is sitting here looking at me laughing and wiping away my tears. Yes, I said tears.

    ReplyDelete