Friday, June 4, 2010

Timing is Everything

Yesterday Simon and I were pulling into the gas station just as a heavy set older gentleman was leaving. He was bald on top with white fringe around the ears and back. Then he had a bushy grayish white beard and a sizable beer belly accentuated by a tight fitting bright red T-shirt.

"Mom!" says Simon, "Is that Santa Claus?"

"No," I say, "it's probably just his brother."

Had we been even 30 seconds earlier I would have had to deal with that comment in front of the Santa man look a like who wouldn't have been so jolly because as I discovered moments later from the gas attendant the poor guy had just hit a deer. (Isn't that an ironic twist of events?)

Thank goodness for sound proof van-buses and my taking forever to load the kids into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment