Friday, June 11, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Day

Tomorrow is the marathon.



Besides the fact that I'm a miserable runner there will be some added goodness to the event like...



1. I'm coming down with a cold.

2. My right foot is covered in swollen and obnoxious mosquito bites from an outing a few nights back.

3. The temperature at the location and start time of the race will be under 40 degrees. (I HATE the cold.)

4. The weather during the race is supposed to be rainy with thunder and lightening storms. (I'm a scared, yes a scared---that's worse than afraid---of thunder and lightening.)

5. The race begins before the sun. I will leave home at 2:30 to make the bus that will take me to the starting line where I will start running at the unholy hour of 5:30 am. (I'm a scared of the dark as well.)

6. And lastly, well, I won't say what's last. But I will say that this isn't the ideal week for me to be running.



So there you have it. Tomorrow is sure to be AWESOME!

Then next time my brother gets any big ideas for family activities I'm just going to give him the double deuce and walk away. (You hear that Jake? THE DOUBLE DEUCE. I may not have used it since highschool but I haven't forgotten it. Oh, no. I haven't forgotten it.)

1 comment: