Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh S@#*%! I Need To Buy My Daughter Some Princess Movies!

Since my first child was a boy we are a little heavy on the made for boys movies. Most of our cartoons are DVD's like Robin Hood, Toy Story, Kung Fu Panda, Cars, etc. Then as he got older we bought movies like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Jumungi, The Never Ending Story and of course...The Sandlot.

The Sandlot. It's a classic and one of my top ten favorite movies of all time. I just love it. And so do my kids. Especially Grace my lovely, beautiful, tiny 2 year old daughter.

She can't get enough of it. She would have it running all the time on every TV if we would let her.

But we won't.
Especially now.

See, there is this really exciting part in the movie where Benny "pickles the beast" at which point the beast (a giant killer dog gorilla thing that ate one kid already) leaps the fence and heads straight towards Benny. As Benny turns his head to see the approaching doom he yells, "Oh S#%*!" and takes off in a dead run.

Now, I don't blame Benny for his bad language or for his bad influence on Grace but for the time being Benny is banned from our house. Sorry Benny.

However, I think that everyone will accept the banishment as just when they learn (or hear or see) my delicate little blue eyed, blond curly headed toddler yelling "Oh S#%*!" and taking off in a dead run anytime something even remotely exciting happens. (Try laughing that off in the hallway at church...or the grocery store..or the toy section of Target.)

The evidence is clear.
It's time to invest in some princess movies.

(Oh...what was that? I could just be a better parent? Teach her better language? Make her use her imagination? Please. Do you even know me? sheez.....)

4 comments:

  1. better than holy h#$Q# I dunno where she got that from either....I blame Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avatar was banned in our house because Bo started using the phrase "numb nuts" to describe stupid people, or to express his disgust. Maybe you already knew this but I am really hoping he never used it in pre-school. P.S. I would laugh my head off if I ever saw Gracie do that, maybe you won't totally have her cured from that by the time I see her again :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. annie is great but it too has some language to beware of. but the mind controling songs overpower its influence.

    ReplyDelete