Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Does Every Creep Begin With Kay?

Is anyone else freaked out by the current Kay Jewelers commercial....attractive woman alone in a cabin in the woods with a serial killer? (Ok...so I don't know if he's a serial killer or not but if I was a betting woman my money would be on death.)

The weather is bad. In fact according to the boyfriend, it's the worst storm in years. The woman is scared. A boulder careens into the window which miraculously doesn't break. (I'm not sure how--- possibly it was launched by a remote controlled catapult for dramatic effect by said boyfriend.)

The woman jumps and then is grabbed by Captain Wet Hair who is wearing a sweater and holding a box (which to me is a far scarier combination than the storm with the flying foam boulders). "Don't worry, I'm here." he says in a soothing voice while pulling her closer.

Then enter the voice change...think Jack Nicholson in The Shining OR (no no no this is better ) in Silence of the Lambs when he says "Clarice"----yea, that's it...as you hear him end the commercial with "and I always will be."

AAAAUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOld on. Let me say that again...AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Don't take the ring lady! DON'T TAKE THE RING!!!!
For crying out loud haven't you ever seen a horror movie? Where did you spend your teenage years? Under a rock? Watching the Sound of Music? This night will not end well. Do you hear me? THIS NIGHT WILL NOT END WELL!!!!

Ok, liz...calm down. It was just a commercial. No search parties will be formed in the morning. You can sleep easy. Just try not to think about the cabin with the man who will always be there.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!!!!

    I thought I was the only one in the world that found these disturbing...Now I know otherwise. I am officially validated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this commercial, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY Hate the Jarrod jewlers commercials. They give me the jibblies.

    ReplyDelete