Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jebb

Night before last Simon and I were reading his take home reading book...it was about a girl named Jill and a boy named Jebb.

Jebb?

Yes, Simon Jebb.

But that's not even a word.

Well, it's supposed to be a name.

But it's not. Is it a mistake? Is it supposed to say job?

No.

What about jab?

NO!

Well, jib is a real word.

I know, but this is a name and it's Jebb.

That's not really a name.

Yes it is ...it's Jill's hillbilly cousin who just came into town for a visit...they have weird names where he comes from.

And they don't know what bird cages look like either? (Jebb thinks the fan on the bus is a bird cage.)

Apparently not.

And they don't ride on buses? (Jebb thinks the bus has a face.)

No, that's where they make moon shine.

What's moon shine?

Forget, I brought it up...let's just finish this book...


***To any hillbilly's out there who may be reading this post...don't be offended we're probably related...on my husband's side of course.

***To any of my husband's family who may be reading this...well, who am I kidding, none of you are reading this and even if you were, you're stuck with me so there's nothing you can do except to avoid buses and drink some moonshine

2 comments:

  1. I read it, but I am not offended since I can say I married into the family!

    ReplyDelete