Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Crazy Lady at the Jiffy Lube

So this morning I was at the Jiffy Lube to get my car's emissions tested. Oh the joy. While waiting (for two hours) I saw a woman sitting outside of the store. She was sitting on the sidewalk with her baby.

They were both wearing pajamas even though it was noon. The mom, who could have used a shower and a hair brush, had set up some kind of sewing station with bags and thread and needles everywhere and was stitching buttons on some random fabric pieces.

Meanwhile the baby (who was a girl by the way) was playing with a Bobba Fett action figure while the mom was humming her some Star Wars tunes.

People coming in and out of Jiffy Lube stared but she didn't seem to mind. She just kept on doing her thing and waiting for the insanely slow lubers to do their stuff.

When my name was finally called and it was time to leave I caught one more glimpse of her reflected in the mirrored window and thought boy, I really shouldn't be allowed out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment