Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lent Dilemma

My brother and I were reading up on Lent today.

Seems there are differences of opinion as to when Lent "ends". If the information we read was correct, then the two main camps are #1. Western society who stops their observance of Lent this Thursday at 3:00pm or #2. The orthodox observer who waits until Saturday at 3:00pm to end their observance.

So (being as I'm not even Catholic) when should I end my Lent observance and get my first afternoon Dr. Pepper in over 40 days?

In all the years I've participated in Lent I've always thought Lent "ended" on Easter Sunday. Apparently I've always been wrong (no big surprise there). So which route do I take ? I'm thinking that I should go orthodox. What do you think?

PS: I really do love Lent, like a lot. If you've never participated in it before try it next year. It's worth the experience.

1 comment: