Monday, March 29, 2010

Mother of the Year...I'm Not

A little while ago I was on the phone when Simon stole all of the aliens Grace was playing with. Grace begins screaming. Simon begins laughing. I can't hear. I scoop up Simon and put him on time out.

I finish the phone call. I check my emails. I start folding laundry.

Grace is playing on the floor with her little green men. All is well.

But where is Simon? He sure is being quiet. I wonder what he's up to.

OH, that's right. HE'S STILL ON TIME OUT!!!

I apologize. He forgives me.

Now both of my children are watching a NASCAR race on TV. NASCAR! And this is after we came home from buying sodas at the gas station in our pajamas! What are we? Hillbillies?!? You might as well just knock one of my teeth out and call me Cleatis.

Like I said before I ain't gonna never be no mother of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I've been there... but my kid fell asleep while on timeout. ya, bad me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Cleatis . . . I do that all of the time!

    ReplyDelete