Friday, February 5, 2010

The Play List

I have to get ready for a marathon. It's a long story and I don't really want to talk about it (talking about it makes the repression process just that much harder) but I need some help.

I'm out there running (and I use that term very loosely) and to keep myself from going mid evil I've taken to borrowing Jon's IPOD. Visions of myself speeding through the miles to heart pounding jams filled my brain. What I got however was Afterglow and like every General Conference talk since the 1980's. While these may be inspirational in some respects they do not speed up my pace.

I did find a little pocket of music in there that I started listening to but it gives me the giggles which, again, is not very helpful. For instance I was running along when Donny Osmond started singing that he'll "make a man out of" me.

I don't want to be a man.

I do want my own IPOD. I am trying to save for one. Hopefully I'll be able to buy a Shuffle (is that what they are called?) soon. At which point I'll program in my own play list. It will not include Afterglow or Donny Osmond. The question is what will it include?

Since I am anti-exercise this is quite out of my realm. I don't think that my current tunes will power me up (Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Cake, Jon Denver, Frank Sinatra, and the like). So I ask you (pretending that anybody actually reads this blog) what songs can I put on my running play list that will help me go faster and make me forget that I'd rather be doing anything than jiggling my junk for the whole world to see?

Any input would be appreciated.
*If you are thinking about suggesting anything by Afterglow or Donny Osmond please reread paragraphs 3,4, and 5 before commenting. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Liz, I think you are so funny, I love reading your blog. I think I tell you that everytime I pick up Bo but, oh well. Okay so I just started spinning (indoor cycling), you should come with me one time. I seriously love it! Also, I have 11 days of music on my itunes please feel free to come over and get some, surely there is something better than Donny Osmond on there that will get your booty running a little quicker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, there are some Cake tunes that will work quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I am not sure! lol. I'm not good at work out music either. I don't own a MP3 player either... I do borrow RJ's every once in a while. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about eye of the tiger! I love that super cool 80's song. That's it; that's my workout list, so you know my workouts aren't very long:) Happy listening!

    ReplyDelete