Monday, March 16, 2009

Failed Good Mom Attempt #31

I'm sick. Again. But Simon isn't. So today he wants to play outside and I say yes. Then I'm watching him out the window and there he is alone on the swing set trying to push himself on the swings. It was the loneliest thing I've ever seen. It broke my heart.

Refusing to see Simon so solemn I strap eliza into the baby back pack and head out into the backyard. "Simon!" I say, "Do you need a push?" "Ummm....sure," he says. As I'm pushing him I'm talking to him telling him how glad I am that he wanted to come outside and what a nice day it is and trying to let him know that I am happy to be spending time with him when he says, "Mom, no more talking. I'm trying to think."

After a few minutes of swinging in silence he says, "Well mom, I guess we can go ride bikes now." Poor Simon. His dang mom ruins everything for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment