Monday, March 16, 2009

No Church This Week

All of us were sick Sunday so we all stayed home. Not only did we need the rest but sometimes I think the ward can use a break as well. Usually I feel like the family in the ward that is the 3 ring circus.

For instance there was this one time during the closing prayer in sacrament meeting that Simon somehow got his head lodged underneath a folding chair. He starts shouting "Help! Oh Help! My head is stuck!" Jon kneels down and is quietly trying to remove him but somehow he is tangled in the chair and is hopelessly stuck. Everyone around us is now watching us instead of listening to the long winded prayer giver.

Now Simon is announcing (in a very loud voice) "Dad, This is a problem. Oh yes, this is a problem. What are we going to do? I need help. This is a bad problem!" However, at this point the biggest problem wasn't the location of Simon's head but the laughter of everyone around us. Kids and adults (and Jon) were all laughing so hard we totally missed the prayer.

When the prayer ended our neighbor helped us extract Simon from the chair and we went off to drive away the spirit from other meetings. I'd like to say moments like this are isolated incidents but that would be a lie. Other events abound---like the time I used both the word "dude" and "crap" during my testimony, or the time I sent Simon to primary without his underwear, or the time my sharing time lesson went south and all the primary kids were cheering for Satan while the bishopric watched. Like I said before maybe it was good that the Evans clan missed church on Sunday. The ward needed a day of rest.

1 comment:

  1. oh, that is some funny stuff! hehe!
    Kinda reminds me of the time that I was sitting in the foyer nursing Donna. RJ said he needed to go to see Grandma Chris (a lady in the ward) I said sure. He ran into Sacrament, pulled out a red hankie that he had hid in his pocket, tied it around his neck like a cape, and yelled "To the rescue" as he ran down the aisle to get to grandma Chris... who sits up front! oh ya! I heard lots of laughter!

    ReplyDelete