Monday, March 23, 2009

Ka-Boom

Like I've mentioned before, we've been sick. When I'm sick I'm an even crappier mom than usual which means we've been watching a lot of TV around here lately. Sick days consist of wearing pj's all day, wrapping up in blankets, and lounging around on the couch watching TV and sipping sodas.

Today I began to realize the effect these past few weeks have had on Simon. This afternoon as we were sitting together eating our grilled cheese sandwiches Simon strikes up what he apparently now considers a perfectly normal conversation.

"Mom, What do you do when we have hard water?"
"Um...I don't know. Why?"
"You use Ka--Boom!" And with that he launches into one of the most annoying commercials on TV explaining the benefits of the wonder product.

I sat there stunned in my shame. What I am I teaching my child? With that I put the TV on an extended vacation (except of course during, Dirty Jobs and Biggest Loser) and we've spent the afternoon cutting things out and playing play dough.

Seriously, Ka-Boom? I'm an embarrassment to motherhood.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is with kids and commercials, but mine can totally memorize infomericals after only seeing them once, then they are always repeating parts of the commerical trying to get me to "call now for the special offer".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddux knows every show that comes on PBS between the hours of 8:00 and 11:30, so don't worry. I'll be winning the "Crappiest Mom Ever" award by a long-shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids pick up on the funniest things! We have had the i-wants at our house sometimes. When they start "I wanting", I start turning off the tv or putting a movie on. You are a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete