Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Feelings

Today in preschool our lesson was about feelings. During our read aloud we read "How are You Peeling" (I love that book---the pictures are all carved vegetables and fruits). Anyway we started to talk about what makes us sad. One of the boys started to cry and said missing his mom makes him sad and that he needed to go home.

Turning the page we read about some radishes that were being mean to a honeydew. We talked about the honeydew and I asked, "What do you do if someone is mean to you?" Without hesitation one of the boys said, "Well, I just punch them in the nose...hard." To which Simon says "Yeah! Let's punch those mean guys in the nose!"

The next page introduced us to jealousy which caused a heated debate over whether or not I am Simon's mom with Simon announcing that I love him the best.

Why did I think the discussing of feelings would be a good idea for 4 year olds?

2 comments:

  1. Right now I'm feeling tired and hungry. No food in the fridge or pantry since we got back from Disneyland 4 days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet it was Degan who said to punch them in the nose. I'm sorry. He has a dad and an older brother that he listens to.

    ReplyDelete