Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Confession

Alright, I tried to win tickets to the MC Hammer Vanilla Ice Dance Party again. It was tonight on our way up to our "Evening with a General Authority".

Here's the scene---Jon and I have our very drab and conservative church clothes on and are flying down the road in the van bus. The kids are locked and loaded in there with us. Eliza is complaining about her situation strapped in the seat. Simon is telling Jon how I was laughing when we danced in the kitchen today and then I hear over the radio caller 10 can win tickets to the concert.

I pull out my phone and Jon whips out his lucky phone and I'm dialing on both phones until I finally get through (on Jon's phone) and I'm caller 10! Only now I find out the DJ is taking two other callers and will be asking us trivia questions about MC and Vanilla's personal lives. Nice.

I'll spare you the tragic details but I will tell you this: I didn't know a single answer and I won no tickets. But I still love the moment of trying---all of us in the mini van (full of kids, crumbs, and crayons) driving through Lehi, Utah trying to win tickets to a concert that would only be cool if it was 1989 again. I think it's my official moment of jumping the shark. If I was ever cool, I am cool no longer.

Oh well, you still can't touch this.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I, too, am a call-in junkie. Remember when I was on Chunga and Mister and got totally robbed! I'm still bitter about that (obviously). I'll make you a mixed tape of Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer songs if you want.

    ReplyDelete