Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There was this time in History class

That last story reminded me of this time in history class...
I was co-teaching a junior high history class with one of my favorite teacher friends ever and our students were doing oral reports. I don't remember the topic but I do remember one of the reports.

One of my students was giving her presentation on horses. (I have no idea why she was talking about horses but anyway...) And we had practiced the report earlier in the day. She was going to do great. And she did until the very end.

You see she had brought two 14 inch plastic horses to use for a visual aid and at the end of her report she got carried away and began to improvise. Before the other teacher and I comprehended what was going on she has the horses in front of the class and is explaining how they mate. This might have been ok if we were in biology or IF SHE WASN'T USING THE TOY HORSES TO DEMONSTRATE POSITIONS!

I was sitting in front of the class, the other teacher in the back. I wish I could remember the exact dialog but I can't. I only remember seeing the horses, held aloft in love's embrace and a sea of horrified teenage faces. Seriously, dude, I can't even write this story without laughing. Ahh, those were the days.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of the demented plastic horse you gave me as a gift. Now I'm sicked out. Maddux used to play with that thing.

    ReplyDelete