Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why didn't she just build a fort?

My post earlier today reminded me of something else that happened in preschool just before Christmas. We had been talking about animals and colors. I don't do religious stories in class but I have this dang cute book about the animals from the nativity and it went with our theme and the season so one day I read it to them.

Various animals need a place to stay and one by one they are invited into the stable by a kind old ox. Finally Joseph and Mary come along. They need a place to stay to have their baby. So in an effort to help the kids develop prediction making skills I ask, "So where do you think Joseph and Mary will stay?" (Thinking that surely the students will have picked up on the pattern by now.) Without hesitating one little guys says, "I think that lady will use her sheet (Mary does look like she is wearing a sheet in the illustration.) and build them a fort."

Good answer.

1 comment:

  1. What a smart kid! I totally used to make forts out of blankets and sheets. Then again, if Mary used her sheet to make a fort, she would be naked and pretty cold, I think. Not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete